COVID-19 Resources for Mental Health Professionals
LIVE WEBINAR TRAINING (GoTowebinar)
National Board of Forensic Evaluators, Inc. – NBFE
TITLE: COVID-19 Resources for Mental Health Professionals
Ekom Essien, LPC, CFMHE, CCCE, CPCS, RPT-S,
Aaron Norton, LMHC, LMFT, MAC, CFMHE, CFBA, CCMHC
As a service to mental health professionals, NBFE is providing a FREE 1-hour webinar for mental health professionals interested in learning about COVID-19-related resources and strategies for clinical or forensic practice.
This event is free for all NBFE members (Certified Forensic Mental Health Evaluators and applicants and candidates pursuing the CFMHE credential) as well as all members of organizations that partner with NBFE including Suncoast Mental Health Counselors Association – SMHCA, The American Mental Health Counselors Association – AMHCA and The Florida Mental Health Counselors Association – FMHCA.
- Articulate reasonable precautions to address the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Review current changes in laws and standards affecting mental health professionals, COVID-19 response, and telehealth.
- List several resources for continued COVID-19 updates for mental health professionals.
DATE: Apr 3, 2020 12:30 PM in Eastern Time
REGISTRATION LINK: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_ppyCMFgQROWnyFgvWjtOPg
RECORDED DIGITAL SEMINAR
PESI formally Professional Education Systems Institute
TITLE: Telehealth for Mental Health Professionals: 2-Day Distance Therapy Training
PRESENTER: Joni Gilbert, MA, NCC, LCPC, BC-TMH
As a service to mental health professionals, PESI is offering a FREE 2-day digital seminar for mental health professionals interested in learning about Telehealth. The use of technology is a common expectation of clients in today’s world (and a requirement for some clients). Providing distance therapy services makes sense for your practice, but understanding all the legal, ethical, business and in-session challenges can seem daunting. What are all the legal and ethical risks? Is distance therapy effective? How do I even get started? Watch this recording and get the answers to your questions!
Providing distance therapy services will allow you to gain access to more clients and provide quality care for your clients wherever they are.
- The key terminology, evidence, benefits and risks.
- The unique legal and ethical concerns associated, such as privacy, security and crossing state lines.
- The policies, procedures and best practices you need to know to get started and while protecting your professional liability.
- How to navigate challenging telehealth business questions involving marketing, payments, billing and insurance.
- Demonstrations of the technology options and strategies for how to use them effectively.
It is excellent – worth your time. It normally is $439.00. It does provide a certificate if you are interested for a fee.
To secure a copy of this digital seminar, go online at https://catalog.pesi.com/item/52191/, add this digital seminar to your shopping cart. Open your account or create an account and proceed to checkout screen and enter the discount code TELEFREE in the discount box (Not the MAIL CODE). You do not need to enter your credit info to complete this transaction.
HHS.gov MENTAL HEALTH UPDATES
Notification of Enforcement Discretion for Telehealth Remote Communications during Covid-19 Nationwide Public Health Emergency
We are empowering medical providers to serve patients wherever they are during this national public health emergency. We are especially concerned about reaching those most at risk, including older persons and persons with disabilities. – Roger Severino, Office of Civil Rights – OCT Director.
The Dept of Health and Human Services has allowed some latitude at this time for mental health clinicians. Read more: https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/special-topics/emergency-preparedness/notification-enforcement-discretion-telehealth/index.html
Under this Notice, covered health care providers may use popular applications that allow for video chats. Covered health care providers that seek additional privacy protections for telehealth while using video communication products should provide such services through technology vendors that are HIPAA compliant and will enter into HIPAA business associate agreements (BAAs) in connection with the provision of their video communication products. To read the list of vendors that represent that they provide HIPAA-compliant video communication products and meet this criteria (scroll to the bottom of the page): https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/special-topics/emergency-preparedness/notification-enforcement-discretion-telehealth/index.html
BEST PRACTICE – ONLINE CHOICES OF PLATFORMS
- doxy.me (Free) https://doxy.me/
- TheraPlatform (30-Day Free Trial) https://www.theraplatform.com/
- Simple Practice (30-Day Free Trial https://www.simplepractice.com/telehealth
- TheraSoft (30-Day Free Trial) https://therasoft.com/tms/login.aspx
- TherapyNotes (30-Day Free Trial) https://www.therapynotes.com/